Discover Drones - Learn To Fly!
Discover Drones Camps for Teens
INTRODUCTORY PRICE CUT - SAVE UP TO 50%!
South Hills is offering an exciting, new educational program for students in grades 7—12 that uses drones to teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts, as well as how to fly successfully.
In our "Discover Drones - Learn To Fly!" Summer Camp, you will build a a high-performance RubIQ racing drone* from the ground up, gain a working knowledge of the physics of flight and the science behind unmanned aerial systems, and learn what it means to be a responsible drone pilot and how to fly legally and safely. Concepts will be introduced in steps:
- First you’ll learn the basics and earn your Droneology certificate.
- Then you’ll be ready to hone your flying skills in our Flight Simulator Lab, where you will be given specific challenges that will allow you to master the art of drone piloting.
- After that, it’ll be time to take to the skies! You will fly the drone that you built using the piloting skills you perfected in class and on the simulator.
- Available at all 3 South Hills campuses
- Classes meet 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Lunch & Snack included
2018 Summer Camp Schedule
- Option 1: June 25—29
- Option 2: August 6—10
NOTE: Both State College Camps are currently full. Please call 814-234-7755 to be placed on waiting list.
- July 16—20
- July 23—27